Motivation

Motivation

by Tomáš Blümel -
Number of replies: 4

What is your motivation for enrolling in this course? How would you like to apply the knowledge gained after completing this course? Provide a short introduction to yourself including your interests and study goals.

In reply to Tomáš Blümel

Re: Motivation

by Joanna Borkowska -

I was  interested in history since I was a child actually – so that’s obviously one of the reasons;) – but also I had a possibility to study with people from different countries and during our disputes it was fascinating to hear how different ‘nations’ (in the meaning: cultures, societies etc.) are differently putting emphasis, and how does the same event look from few other sides. That’s why I wanted to gain some knowledge what was the Czech attitude towards I WW.

In reply to Joanna Borkowska

by Tomáš Blümel -
Hello Joanna,
thank you for your reaction :).
I can only confirm your words about usefulness of different perspectives.
I hope you are enjoying the course!
In reply to Tomáš Blümel

by Franciszek Fortuna -

I'm especially interested in genealogy. A lot of my ancestors fought in the Great War on many different sides. For example one of my great great-grandfathers was an officer in Haller's Blue Army and my great-grandfather was an artillerist in the Imperial German Army. Because of that I feel a lot of emotions exploring lives and deaths of soldiers in every corner of Europe. 

I really enjoy this course :))

In reply to Franciszek Fortuna

by Tomáš Blümel -
Hello Franciszek,
wow...I love genealogy. Once I-m going to find out all of my ancestors in this way!
Enjoy the course!