The course focuses on how to develop a budget without any financial risks during the project design. It provides basic insights on the different types of project costs eligible within European RDI projects, their eligibility rules and reasonable calculation methods. The course also provides practical budgetary considerations enhancing the chance of a project being funded.
(1) Students should get an overview of the most common eligible project costs in different types of European RDI projects, with the correct calculation methods
(2) Students should be able to understand what is good practice beyond eligibility, i.e. how to calculate resources to be committed with acceptable personal costs, travelling costs, equipment and investment, as well as potential involvement of third parties
(3) Students are getting acquainted with the common budget templates and the methods to fill them out in order to prepare a detailed budget without generating financial risks
(1) Students are able to understand the basic most relevant financial rules of H2020 and DTP Interreg projects
(2) Students are able to understand the funding body’s (e.g. European Commission, Danube Transnational Programme Managing Authority) financial expectations and how to implement these in practice
(3) Students are able to draw up a basic project budget and are aware of common mistakes